Six Things.

So it’s been about six months (since October 8th 2015) since I last used relaxer and I wanted to share six things I’ve learnt so far.
FYI: This post is VERY wordy, so feel free to just read the main points if you don’t feel like reading the explanations.
it's a crazy mess at the back, and as you can see it's practically all natual
I also used this style to gauge how well my damaged, broken edges were growing out as more growth meant more hair could fit into the braid

This list continues to grow every day and while I’ve learnt a lot in these past six months, there’s still more for me to experience. When I hit my one year anniversary you can expect a long post detailing why I decided to ditch the relaxer, my hair history, journey and where it’s at. Having managed six months without relaxer, I feel like I’m accomplished something I never in a million years thought I would. Even now I can picture fifteen year old Alice shaking her head angrily at me for what I’ve done, but it just felt like the right thing for me to do at this time of my life. Thanks for following me on my journey so far, and I can’t wait to see what my hair looks like in another six months’ time.
alice

xo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,