Green Tea Rinse.

I’m not even sure this should be considered a recipe as it was hands-down THE easiest thing to make (you could argue even easier than the lemon and honey hair mask that I made), but as it’s a natural product, I’ll just add it to the recipe folder. So what, do you ask, am I talking about? I’m talking about a green tea hair rinse, which basically consists of adding water to a few green tea teabags, and then rinsing your hair with it. EASY.
so easy to make: use four or five old teabags and add warm water
I am a massive fan of green tea. I drink it every morning while I catch up on Wendy and a drama (my current one is All is Well), and always dread when I get to the bottom of my mug a) because it’s always so sour eeek and b) because I always feel like I’m wasting the teabag. So with that concern in mind, and my desire to research more into hair growth for afro textures, I did some research on the benefits of green tea for hair.
leave it to brew
Not only is green tea great for cleaning out your insides, but it’s also great for your hair. It helps prevent hair loss and aids growth by stimulating the hair follicles and strengthening hair to make it healthier.
if you run out midway through rinsing, simply add more water and squeeze the teabags to get more green tea out.
If you do try this rinse, remember to follow up with a deep conditioner as green tea does have drying effects. Ever find that you’re so thirsty after drinking it? The same applies to your hair. While the tea cleans the hair, it also takes some of its moisture, so it’s always best to add conditioner to soften it up and keep it from drying out. I followed mine up with the Vitale Olive Olive hair mayonnaise. Let me know if you try this out.

alice

xo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,