Nivea Sun UV Face Q10 Anti-Age & Anti-Pigments.



Like foundation, sunscreen is one of those products that can take a while to find THE ONE. I’ve been on this journey for a while now, but I feel like I can finally say I have found it!

I actually stumbled upon the Nivea Sun UV Face Q10 Anti-Age & Anti-Pigments sunscreen in Tesco a few weeks ago. Now, I don’t know if this is a new product so I could be late to the game, but this sunscreen is honestly the best I’ve tried yet.


What’s so good about it?


First and foremost this sunscreen leaves ZERO residue, so I don’t ever have to worry about my face being ashy, or about it having a blue/purple finish. This is without a doubt my biggest concern when it comes to sunscreen, so is always the number one thing I look out. I must admit that when I read the label claiming “0% white residue”, I was quite sceptical and didn’t think it would apply to my brown skin. I also thought that because this was SPF50, there was no way it would be able to deliver – but boy oh boy was I wrong. While you do need to rub it in (it is white after all), I’ve found after a few seconds it rubs in and becomes clear.







Next, this sunscreen is very moisturising and doesn’t dry out the skin. Sure I layer it over my toner, serum and moisturiser, but I’ve found that sometimes sunscreen can dry out my face a bit. However, I haven’t found that at all with this one.

Like I mentioned above, this sunscreen is SPF50. I haven’t been using such a high SPF in recent years as I haven’t been able to find a good one that does alter the colour of my skin, so I’m most excited about this little feature. Now I feel a lot more protected while out and about during the day.



Other things I love about this sunscreen is that it’s packed with Q10 and helps prevent the appearance of pigment spots. As I have hyperpigmentation and dark spots that can be exacerbated by sun and UV exposure, it’s important for me that these are also well protected and do not get worse. Sidenote: I don’t want to jinx anything, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this sunscreen could even potentially help reduce the appearance of my dark spots. I don’t know this for sure, so I’ll be keeping a close eye on my face just in case – and of course, I’ll keep you updated.

What’s more, this is only £6 in Tesco and Sainsbury’s!


Would I recommend it?


While I’ve only been using it for a few weeks, I would most definitely recommend it. Not only does it go on effortlessly, but it protects really well and is light (even when you apply a lot) so it sits nicely under makeup. I’ve found that my foundation pretty much glides on and I’m left with a super glowy complexion throughout the day.





I’m currently in Spain, so make sure you check back on Friday to see all the products I brought with me… including this sunscreen. See you then!

alice
xo

Labels: , , , , , ,