Monoi Oil.

Or monoil as I like to it, is an oil that’s been getting a lot of attention lately for its hair and skin benefits. I’d first read about monoi oil last year on Curly Nikki, but feeling incredibly overwhelmed by the number of randomly named oils with many supposed superpowers, I decided to not write about it. However, during my last hair haul shop, I noticed an increasing number of products with monoi oil, which led me to believe that maybe this wasn’t such a fad after all and that maybe I should have taken Nikki a little more seriously – soz gal. So with all that in mind, here’s a little something about monoi oil.
According to Wikipedia, monoi oil comes from soaking Tahitian gardenias in coconut oil, and is largely used in Tahiti as a skin and hair softener. Known for its moisturising and healing qualities, monoi also conditions hair while adding shine; as well as helping to increase skin’s hydration and to relieve itchy skin.
You can expect to see some monoi products on here in the coming months.

alice
xo

Labels: , , , , ,