Peach Melba X Nude Nails.

I don’t know about you, but after I’ve worn dark nail varnish I always feel the need to give my nails a little breather by wearing lighter shades. I’ll rarely (if ever) wear darks two manicures in a row, simply because I find that darker hues can become too intense when worn too often, as well as having negative psychological effects – call me crazy but it does happen. To help give my nails a break, I tried a Peach Melba and Nude manicure.

I haven’t worn Peach Melba in about a year, but in the last couple of weeks I’d been thinking about it quite a lot. I remembered how orangey-pink it was, so I decided to mix it with Nude for something a little less brash, but still girly and fun.


To achieve this colour, I started with my basecoat, and then alternated between one coat of Peach Melba and one coat of Nude. I repeated this three times before applying another three coats of Nude, then finished off with two topcoats.


In the end I was left with a nice pinky colour that felt light and airy – and depending on the light, the shade was sometimes a little lighter.

alice
xo


ps. If you follow my other blog, you’ll already know this, but if not, you’ll soon come to know that I am OBSESSED with Barry M.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,