Tips For Discovering The World Of Skincare.

I’m now on my “let’s start exploring and getting into skincare now that we’re 25” mission, and have been on a search for the right product to help kick start this journey. And while I’ve been diligently reading articles about which £200 moisturiser will change my life and make me a millionaire, I will admit that I may have been getting a little carried away. However, enter Into The Gloss and their perfectly timed article that may have prevented me from falling deeper and splurging on some outrageous product. They listed five things not to do when discovering the world of skincare for the first time:
image from Glossier
ONE PRODUCT AT A TIME

If you’re looking to see results from a product, try not to use a million different products at the same time. Mixing and matching can sometimes have adverse effects.

RIDE THE CYCLE

Patience is a virtue. You may not see results over time and that’s okay. Sometimes products take time before their full powers can be realised. This is definitely something I discovered with my hair.

DON’T DESTROY YOUR MOISTURE BARRIER

We only have ONE moisture barrier and we’d be wise not to destroy it by using whichever cream is labelled product of the moment.

RESPECT YOUR SKIN TYPE

Linking back to the above point, respect your skin type. Just because the latest in thing is really popular, doesn’t mean it’ll be great for your skin.

DERMATOLOGISTS EXIST FOR A REASON

Sometimes it’s good to seek out a professional – after all the internet can only take you far.

For the full piece, read it here.

alice
xo

Labels: , , , ,