Wash Day The Lazy Way.

I wouldn’t call myself the world’s laziest person, but I’m definitely up there, especially when it comes to my hair. Now I know what you’re thinking: how can she be so lazy when she spends half the blog writing about hair, hair techniques, products etc. (hahaha I bet you weren’t thinking that but now you are eh?)? And the answer is: because I find ways to incorporate all the things I read and write about into manageable chunks that suit my lazy self. That’s how I’ve managed to cut wash day down from several hours to less than one (although naturally drying my hair still takes up the full day), as well as great ways to keep my hair neat and moisturised without having to man-handle it every single day. Impressed? Want to know more? Well today I’m bringing you a great way to wash your hair – including an oil treatment – that will save you a whole load of time. Shall we begin?

As you guys know I love an oil treatment for my hair (especially if it’s hot). It moisturises my hair deeply, feels great on my scalp, helps promote hair growth, reduces breakage, reduces itchy scalp and helps protect my hair among other things. But sometimes doing an oil treatment can be extremely taxing and time-consuming. So how do I combat this? I simply spray my hair with oil (you can mix whatever oils you love/have) – I like to use my IC P.M. Night Time Oil – put a plastic cap on for 10-15 minutes; then apply my deep conditioner (you guys know I love my Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayo) and put the cap back on for another 30-40 minutes. After that I rinse my hair with conditioner then dry off with my trusty tee – and hey presto, I’m all done. If I’m not in the mood for an oil treatment or my hair still has lots of product from the previous day, then I skip the first step and go straight ahead with the deep conditioner first. 

I will continue to share my little inside secrets because let’s be honest, who wants to spend hours and hours doing hair when we could be doing way more interesting things?

alice

xo

Labels: , , , ,