The Wonders of Tea Tree Oil.

For the last few weeks, I’ve been suffering from an itchy scalp. Despite my best efforts to moisturise my hair and scalp regularly (I’ve written a lot about this), nothing seems to help relieve the itch… nothing that is apart from my Blue Magic tea tree oil leave-in conditioner. While I’ve always been a big fan of tea tree oil and my hair has always reacted really well to the stuff, I wanted to find out what exactly is so special about tea tree.
my itchy scalp saviour
A well-known essential oil, tea tree is renowned for its amazing antiseptic and healing qualities, making it ideal for skin issues like psoriasis, acne, eczema, as well as being great for treating cuts and infections. But what makes tea tree especially awesome for the head and hair is that it soothes dry scalps, relieving itchiness which in turn helps promote hair growth through increased blood circulation.

So there you have it, if you ever find yourself in need of an itchy scalp reliever, tea tree should definitely be your first stop. Likewise, if you find yourself with a cut, or any skin ailments try treating it first with tea tree oil first.

alice

xo

Labels: , , ,