Hair Haul #2.

Whooo! It’s finally that time again when I share the products from my latest hair haul – and the real kicker? I bought everything for £14.73 – talk about balling on a budget!

Over the last few months I’ve slowly been using up everything from my January haul (can you believe all that stuff lasted for over six months?), trying out new products and samples to better understand my hair, its needs and key qualities I look for. Over the last few months I’ve also been sharing these products and samples with you, and I’ve found it to be a really educational and informative experience as it helps me properly learn about different ingredients, and about what I do and do not like. In today’s haul you will be seeing some familiar products and a whole bunch of new stuff. Before we get started, I also wanted to say that I couldn’t actually any of the full sized versions of the samples I had tried, so I wasn’t able to purchase any of them :(. Now, let’s get started.

PRODUCTS


VITALE OLIVE OIL HAIR MAYONNAISE
As you’ll probably know I’ve been looking for alternative deep conditioners at home so as to prolong the life of the little mayonnaise that I have left. And while I’ve enjoyed finding different things, nothing compares to this olive oil hair mayonnaise, and I’ve started to feel the difference in my hair when I don’t use this product. I’m really excited to have this product back in my life again and you can be sure to see this in every hair haul (or at least until I find something even better than this – if I do…), and you can expect me to continue waxing lyrical about this baby!

BLUE MAGIC CARROT OIL LEAVE IN CONDITIONER
I’ve grown a little bored tired of my Blue Magic argan oil leave in conditioner and I wanted to try something new, so when I saw this carrot oil conditioner, I decided to give it a try. You guys know that I love my Blue Magic leave in conditioners, so I had to get to it, and I’m excited to try this to see how my hair likes it.

BLUE MAGIC TEA TREE OIL LEAVE IN CONDITIONER
This one was kind of a no-brainer. Just last week you read about me bemoaning the loss of this tea tree oil conditioner, so obviously I had to replace it because I can’t live without it.

DARK & LOVELY AMLA LEGEND MASQUE
I’ve really only known of Dark & Lovely as a hair relaxer brand and I used to love the way it relaxed my mum’s hair back in the day. Feeling that nostalgia, D&L will always have a place in my heart and I’ll always be keen to try out their other hair products. I was very intrigued when I saw this on the shelf and I’m hoping it does some good stuff to my hair.

ORGANIC ROOT STIMULATOR BANANA AND BAMBOO EXTRACT CONDITIONER
I saw these sachets when I was at the checkout and figured they were worth a try. I’ve seen some Organic Roots Stimulator products lying around my house over the years so I thought these would be worth a try. ALSO, as I’ve tried a homemade banana conditioner and I’ve been reading good things about bamboo for the hair, I thought why not just buy this concoction already made as opposed to making it myself – lazy I know…

MURRAY’S BLACK AUSTRIALIAN BEESWAX
Amongst some of the samples I got in my last haul, the one that stood out a lot for me was Dax’s black beeswax with fortified royal jelly, so during my shop I kept an extreme eye out for it. Unfortunately (and just my luck) the store seemed to have every Dax product BUT the beeswax, and not wanting to get any of the Dax products I looked for any other beeswax and came across this. The pot says it’s recommended for dreadlocks – which obviously I don’t have – but I’m still curious to see how this beeswax compares.

SAMPLES

CLEAR ESSENCE MEDICATED CLEANSING BAR
First off this cleansing bar is supposedly made for “colored people”, something that stopped me in my tracks when I first took a good look at the packaging. Part of me feels extremely uneasy about products like this because while on the one hand it could mean it’s made for darker complexions because we have different compounds/chemicals in our skin so we need different products; on the other hand, it could also mean it’s a product that will make us seem more “presentable” and “desirable” to those of lighter/white complexions.  I did some research on the brand, and I saw that their products helps with discolouration, hyperpigmentation and other skin issues that Black people/ people of darker complexion sometimes suffer from, so I will try not to be so sceptical about this cleansing bar, but I’m not sure if I will actually use it. However, I shall keep you posted.


CRÈME OF NATURE CONDITIONING TREATMENT
The packaging on this looks amazing. I love that it’s shaped like a leaf and that it looks really green and earthy. I imagine that it’s going to be really creamy and plant based.

CLEAR ESSENCE SKIN BEAUTIFYING MILK
I was very surprised to see this. For one, as mentioned above, anything that says it’s made specifically for “colored people” makes me feel certain kinds of sceptical ways. And two, any skincare that says it’s for “colored people” AND “brightening” makes me feel borderline offended. I really wanted to share this on here because I do feel very strongly about products made to lighten the skin of Black people, especially Black women, who struggle enough with the pressures of being a woman, being Black, and the burdens that come along with both labels. I will most definitely NOT be using this product, and in case you’re wondering why I even have this sample when I feel so strongly; I didn’t see the samples when they were given to me, I only saw them properly when I got home and looked through everything.

HAWAIIAN SILKY ARGAN OIL CONDITIONER
I had actually seen this on the shelf but wasn’t sure about buying it, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this in the handful of samples I was given.

HAWAIIAN SILKY ARGAN OIL INTENSE REPAIR MASK
This is another product I had seen on the shelf, and if I like it enough, you can be sure to see it in the next haul.

TALIAH WAAJID CURL SEALER
And finally, you may remember the name from a sample I got in my last haul. I still haven’t gotten round the using that sample yet, but you can be sure that I will in the next few weeks. Again, I saw this on the shelf but didn’t buy it on account of that other sample I have sitting in my hair box, but maybe I’ll take this as a sign of Taliah Waajid’s amazing hair products.

Make sure you stay tuned for updates on all of these products.

alice

xo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,