Ossat Naturals Shaping Gelly.

I don’t use gels, gellies, or any kind of gelly-like substances on my hair. I don’t like the way they make hair look stringy, greasy-slick and tacky; so when I first saw this shaping gelly amongst my samples I was sceptical and wasn’t planning on using it. That was until I saw that this gelly had FIVE oils – yes five – and I thought it’d be worth a try.

Now, all that being said, because I don’t use gels and because I don’t like them, I’m not quite sure what constitutes a good gel and what kinds of things to look out for when using one.

The first thing I noticed was the smell – you know me by now – and it smelt sweet (but not too sweet) and a little flowery. When I put my finger into the gelly, I was (pleasantly) surprised at how liquidy and thin it was. Again because I’m not the gelly fanatic, I wasn’t too sure how to apply it so I divided my damp hair smoothed this through the sections.

Like I mentioned above, this shaping gelly has five oils, including: sunflower oil, argan oil, olive oil, tea tree oil and shea butter (not quite an oil but still). The combination of these five magical ingredients made my hair feel absolutely amazing, but it wasn’t until the next day that I really felt just how magical these magical ingredients really are. My hair was soft, easy to run my fingers through, and my strands felt really nourished and moisturised.

This shaping gelly definitely changed the way I view gellies and gels, though maybe it could be down to this specific gelly or the fact that gellies are probably lighter than gels. Anyway, not matter the reason, I would definitely consider buying the full size version of this. I would also recommend using this on damp hair as it helps your hair lock in moisture. Luckily I have another sachet of this shaping gelly, so I’ll get another chance to try it.

alice

xo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,