Cucumber & Aloe Vera Face Mask.

My face has been going through a phase where after washing and moisturising my face, my cheeks feel as though they’ve been doused in acid. I’ve tried changing my face wash, but I’ve still experienced the same acidic burning sensation. In fact, it seems that the only time my cheeks don’t burn is if I apply sunscreen after moisturising. I thought that a face mask might be beneficial to my burning face but wasn’t too sure if I should try one. However, I soon remembered I still had one from Christmas and thought that maybe a face mask with soothing ingredients such as cucumber and aloe vera may do the trick of cooling down my irritated cheeks.

The first thing I noticed about the mask was the smell – and it smelt AMAZING.  I really am such a sucker for anything aloe vera scented.

I didn’t expect the mask to be so creamy, but I loved how thick it was. I also found that its thick creaminess made the mask espeically moisturising, and even hours after taking the mask off, my face still felt totally moisturised.
hahaha I look like the moon from The Mighty Boosh lol
When I was applying the mask to my face, I realised there was so much product in the sachet and that you could probably share it with someone else.

I tried really hard to use as much as I could, but when I threw the packet away, I felt like I had wasted so much product. Also, because of the way the product was enclosed in the sachet it made it hard for me to store it anywhere.
look at how much was still left on the packet :O
At first I felt parts of my face sting from the mask (which I think was probably the aloe) but after a few minutes the stinging subsided and it felt really cool.

The pack said to remove the mask with a tissue, so I used some tissue, and when it couldn’t quite get it all off, I resorted to a towel to remove the rest.
all that tissue and I still couldn't get it all off...
My overall thoughts on the mask was that though it smelt great and I’m sure the cucumber and aloe did some magic on my face, it was way too thick and creamy which meant it was HARD to take off. It probably also didn’t help that I wasn’t sure whether it would be okay for me to wash off. Furthermore, the early stinging sensation didn’t fill me with as hope as I would’ve liked, but I’ve chalked that up to a) my general face condition as of late and b) maybe I’m just allergic to aloe. I am a bit on the fence with the mask, but it did leave my face feeling and smelling so great.
all gone and feeling fab!
If anyone could suggest something I might be able to use for my face, please do let me know. Oh and I finally found the company that made this ultimate pamper pack, so make sure you check out their website here. I’ve already got my eye on a few things to order.

alice
xo

Labels: , , , , , , ,