Banana Hair Mask #2.

After the questionable results from my original banana hair mask, I knew I had to try it again. The only problem this time was that I was so engrossed in perfecting the method and recipe that I neglected to take any pictures of the process and application. On the plus side however, I was able to take a picture of the final banana mixture so I guess that’s better than nothing.

I blended the following ingredients: five bananas, one whole lemon, one 500ml can of coconut milk, one tablespoon of honey, one carrot

Method: this time I had my mum to help me. She sectioned my hair as though she was relaxing my hair, and applied the mix with a small brush. I kept the mask on under a shower cap for two hours, and then rinsed thoroughly with lukewarm water. When my hair was nicely towel dried, my mum combed out my hair. My hair was notably softer and smoother, and there were notably fewer bits left in my hair (there were hardly any bits and this was probably the result of actually using a blender this time). The only negative was that after a few days, it felt as though a portion of the back of my hair had shrunk. I’m not sure if that’s because of the mask or because that portion has practically reverted back to afro, but it was definitely worth noting.

the only constant? the smell was just as bad
You can be sure that when I try this mask again, I will document the whole process and share it here with you.

alice

xo

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,