Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation Review.

I’ve had these foundations for over a little over a month and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Bearing in mind this is the first time I have ever owned/used liquid foundation; I am pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to apply and at how great it looks compared to my Dream Matte Mousse. It also helps that these are the first foundations after my DMM that suits my skin tone so well.

I chose the colours: Caribbean Mahogany and Tuscany Chestnut, which when blended together match my skin PERFECTLY. So for any dark-skin sisters out there, these are definitely worth a try. If you’re not sure which one would look best/ don’t quite feel like spending £30 on both, go down to your nearest Body Shop store and try them out.
look at how well it blends to my hand!
The first thing I noticed after applying the foundation was the smell. The foundation has a floral scent to it that smells of The Body Shop (if you’ve shopped there then you’ll know what I mean). The smell isn’t too intense, but it does linger around for a while which left a weird taste in my mouth.
before...
before...
The next thing I noticed was how dewy and moist my face looked. While this is obviously a result of liquid foundation, I was quite surprised by this and first thought that it made my face look a bit waxy and weird. Obviously having only ever used a mattifying foundation, this dewy effect was one I was not used to and one that took a while to get used to.

I’m not sure what the coverage of this foundation is (can you tell I’m still a newbie?) but I would say it has medium coverage and is buildable. It covered the dark spots on my cheeks REALLY well, and made my skin look and feel flawless. And when used with concealer it works like a dream to cover up those problem areas. NB. I am not wearing concealer in these pictures.

after...
after...
When I first used the foundation I was heading out to a rock gig, which as expected, resulted in me sweating quite a bit. However, the foundation stayed on for the whole night, and when it came time to remove it, it took two baby wipes to get the job done – result! So if you’re looking for something that’s long-lasting, this is definitely something to consider. It also helps that this foundation promises 24 hour fresh moisture.

I applied the foundation with my Real Techniques brush and you can read my thoughts on the brushes here.
after...
This gets a double thumbs up from me!

alice
xo


ps. I want to add that this post is NOT sponsored and that these views are my own.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,